Saturday, May 24, 2014

Happy Mother's Day



A/N: (You don't have to read this if you don't want to) This was supposed to be posted right after Mother's day, so that should have been on May 12 but... that didn't happen, obviously, it's May 24 now and it is way too late to say post-Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's, lola's, and such so just... read on. Yea. haha. not funny, I know, but bare with me because tbh this should've been published 6 days ago and it got furthered delayed because of my laziness to edit the grammatical errors and such so sorry again for the pointless rambling.
Read on 

I have researched that this special day of honor and celebration for one of societies' most vital counterparts, a mother, wouldn't have existed without a certain someone who wanted to fulfill her own mother's wishes, that is to have a special day bestowed to honor all mothers,  and she is Anna Jarvis. Without her, and also other influences of the idea like Julia Ward Howe, the second Sunday of May wouldn't have been declared as Mother's day, the recognition of all a mother's hard work, love, and contribution to her family.

A day like this couldn't have passed without a particular commemoration imprinting its significance.

So I know that showing how much I love my mom cannot amount to material things. Showing your love and affection for a person isn't based on how much money you spend on them - on chocolates, balloons, tarpaulins and such but I have chosen to give my mom a gift nonetheless. A gift that isn't just all material without heart, it is something that I myself have made through the resources of what's inside my room. I did not spend a penny and honestly, it was more of a struggle of staying awake despite the fever that was gradually increasing in my system rather than finding all the supplies that I needed to materialize the vague idea inside my head for this gift. I am not complaining though, I know that if I did the task much earlier then it wouldn't have led to that but things don't always work out the way you want them... (and that's more so what I tell myself every time such delays occur)


Anyways (why do I always go off-topic, gawd, I am so out of sorts) I believe that in little things like greeting cards and handmade letters, a person can really express the extent of their love because in written words, you don't need to be good at saying things, everyone can verbalize what's in their heart and make it sound beautiful and it is so much easier because I know that emotions can drag you a mile and without that person looking in your eyes, your nerves won't control how many you say, or rather how few it could be.. Text is something I am so thankful for because, to be honest, I am one of those people who are so scared and drowned by their fears and insecurities that vocalizing what I feel becomes an impossible task. Therefore, my gift is a reflection of both my love for my mom and my cowardice to say it aloud.

My mom is the best. She's a role model in so many ways.
She's an angel for all the good that she's done for our family, that listing it would take me forever, even.
She's the perfect epitome of how a person can smile through whatever obstacle and still look at the brighter things in life. 
She's the most beautiful person in the world because even if she wasn't my mom, her radiance is something that any person could see. Her heart is pure and her smile is contagious. Her love is unconditional and beauty is the most fitting word ever to overall define her.

...and these are only some of the things that were written in my little gift for mom. There's still more. And her response while reading it was... tears. She's someone who easily cries at things like this... like how a few hours later, she was on Facebook and after reading my friends' status/message for her mom, mom was so touched that she almost cried. Almost. She said it was so sweet and while I completely agree with her, I didn't cry or almost cry because as I am someone who is not so expressive or obvious when it comes to my emotions, mom is the opposite. She is as transparent as glass but that's also one of the things I love about her, because that liability is not a weakness for her but a sign that shows she's human and it just outlines how strong she is.

Oh, there's one thing that I forgot to write in my mother's day gift for her... 
She's an inspiration. All mothers are.

Love your mother. They're one of the best constant reminders that love lasts forever without any condition or judgement.

I love you mama.

Soon enough, Harriet A




No comments:

Post a Comment